Two pendant sculptures in Coade stone, representing lions lying on rectangular bases.
A bronze medal with a brown patina with the profiles of Athena and Mercury, with the mention : Arts And Commerce Promoted, made by Edward William Wyon (1811-1885), is inlaid under the base of the terrace.
England, 19th century.
14.5 × 32 × 10.5 cm.
Coade stone is a ceramic imitating stone, manufactured and marketed at the time by Eleanor Coade (1733-1821), from 1769 to 1833.
Mrs. Coade's company counted among its illustrious clients the architect Robert Adam and King George III.
An identical set was auctioned in New York (Sotheby's, October 18, 2016, lot 324).