Lot n° 619
600 - 700
Result without fees
ROSTAND (Edmond). Cyrano de Bergerac. Drama... - Lot 619 - Kâ-Mondo
ROSTAND (Edmond). Cyrano de Bergerac. Drama in five acts. Paris, Armand Magnier, 1899. In-4, half
red morocco with corners, spine with 4 bands, author, title and date gilt, two crossed swords and Art Deco moving frames, stars and dots, gilt fillet, gilt fillet on covers, gilt head, illustrated cover and spine preserved [Ad. Lavaux] (rare light foxing).
Illustrated first edition, with 54 wood-engraved compositions by Romagnol, including 5 plates, after compositions by François Thévenot (cover and portrait), Adrien Moreau (act I), Charles Léandre (act II), Albert Laurens (title and act III), François Flameng (act IV) and Albert Besnard (act V).
Limited edition of 500 copies: one of 400 on vellum paper (no. 338), with two woodcuts (the suite of 54 illustrations on chine).
Enriched copy :
- an original drawing signed by Albert Laurens in ink wash illustrating the title (diam.: 14.3 cm at sight) ;
- an original drawing signed by Albert Laurens in black ink wash illustrating p. 171 depicting Cyrano and Christian at the foot of the balcony (D.: 28.1 x 19 cm.);
- L.A.S. from Constant Coquelin, creator of the role of Cyrano, 4 p. in-8°, header engraved with double C, brown ink, mounted on tab (stain, small restoration at corner);
- suite of 5 color plates reproduced on coated paper;
- LE ROUX (Hugues). Edmond Rostand. 3 p. and 1 pl. depicting Edmond Rostand en pied by Boyer, à propos de la vie de l'auteur and an excerpt from said play illustrated with 8 photographic reproductions of Constant Coquelin grimé en Cyrano de Bergerac, by Boyer. (partly unbound).
- Edmond Rostand. 1 p. and 1 pl.
- Les hommes d'aujourd'hui. 9th volume. n°465: Edmond Rostand. 4 p. (unbound)
- Men of today. N°3: Constant Coquelin. 4 p.
Provenance: Jacques Crépineau bookplate.
Return to catalogue